Almost every industry is embracing trending technologies, and it is the same in the music industry. When it comes to DJs, many artists are using digital technology, and only a few follow traditional methods.
When considering the most crucial devices or equipment for a DJ, many people assume it’s their headphones, vinyl, or hard drives. While these are highly important, they can’t compare with the value of a high-quality turntable.
As the masses migrate to DJing with laptops and USB, turntables seem to have gone extinct in the industry. However, many professionals still rely on the best DJ turntables for making their events both unique and memorable.
Whether you want to experience a wave of nostalgia or learn how to DJ the traditional way, these are the best DJ turntables, their specifications, pros and cons, and other important factors to consider.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure for more details. Thank you!
Best DJ Turntables
This buying guide will take you on tour through the most preferred DJ turntables in the market. All of these are amazing turntables and are brimming with features that will be worth every penny.
Without further ado, let’s get started with a quick review of 5 best DJ turntables you need to consider:
First up on the list is an amazing product from a trusted brand called Numark. This DJ turntable is primarily known for its portability and versatility. You can use it with your analog vinyl and DVS as well.
Since it is a portable turntable, it comes in a lightweight build with a plastic body. Generally, DJs don’t prefer plastic and lightweight turntables for their gigs. However, for this particular product, the light-weightedness comes out as an advantage that makes transport easier.
There are plenty of amazing structural features that make Numark PT01 Scratch a preferred product among its competitors. The deck is completely travel-friendly and comes with a removable dust cover that will protect the circuits.
The 7-inch platter on board is ideal for any size of vinyl. However, you can even play a 12-inch, full-size vinyl as well. The anti-skate control, counterweight, and height adjustment wheel will improve your experience with the turntable.
The volume knobs, pitch adjustment, and EQ tone control features will make your DJing gigs even more exciting. On the rear side, you will find one-quarter-inch and one-eighth-inch headphone outputs, a receptacle, RCA output jacks, and the on/off switch.
The front portion includes a USB jack, AUX input, and a gain knob. You will also get 45 adapters onboard. The best part about this turntable is that it is made to accommodate both left and right-handed DJs. It has a replaceable Scratch Slide Switch that converts the right setting to the left and vice versa.
This turntable has everything that you need to make your DJing experience as enriching as possible. The rich, dynamic sound will give you great satisfaction, and the built-in carrying handle will make it easy to carry.
- Item Weight: 4.4 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 11.8 x 11.8 x 4 inches
- ASIN: B01EZMDH2
- Model Number: PT01 Scratch
- Minimum System Requirements (PC): Windows 2000/XP/Vista USB: 1.1 Port
- Minimum System Requirements (MAC): Mac OS X 10.4x USB 1.1 port
- Box Content: PT-01 Scratch, power adaptor, user guide, software download card, safety, and warranty information
- It is a portable turntable that will allow you to carry it anywhere for any gig.
- It comes with a lightweight body, ideal for long trips and scratching on the go.
- The pre-balanced tonearm is perfect for both right and left-handed DJs.
- The replaceable cartridge will make your needle replacement process feel like a breeze.
- The pitch knob will allow you to adjust the pitch from 10% to -10%.
- The product is compatible with 33 1/3, 45, and 78 RPM.
- You will also get a 45 RPM adapter for your 45 RPM records.
- The frequencies can be adjusted from low to high. Also, you can adjust the output volumes by using the tone and audio knobs.
- Not good for club gigs due to the lightweight materials and overall mass.
- One needs to be extremely careful while using the product due to its lightweight nature.
If you want something classic for your gigs, Gemini TT-1100USB is the right choice for you. It comes with the Classic Style Manual Belt-Drive that will give you the feel of a classic turntable.
Additionally, it features a USB port that will connect your turntables to PC and Mac systems. The major attraction of this turntable is that it can connect both digital track series and vinyl.
The turntable is robust and tough-built with an aluminum platter, making it ideal for club gigs and long trips. You can adjust the turntable according to your convenience. It also has an ABS enclosure base, which will make it easier for you to work on the turntable.
The brand has taken extra care in making the turntable even more convenient for users. For instance, the adjustable rubber feet will add more support and eliminate external vibrations. You can use this turntable in every complex setting without worry about any breakage or inconvenience.
You will also get an aluminum tonearm that supplies superior tracking along with skip resistance. Furthermore, the durable design of the turntable makes it an ideal piece of equipment to transport anywhere.
Not only is it easy to carry, but the product is also super easy to use as well. The switches, knobs, and buttons have a soft touch that will instantly respond to your actions and provide you with output. You can enhance your mixing capabilities with variable pitch control, master tempo control, and BPM lock.
Brand reliability is also a plus point for this product. Gemini has been in the industry since 1974 and is known to provide some of the best electronics.
- Item weight: 7.66 pounds
- Product dimensions: 19.5 x 5.5 x 15 inches
- ASIN: B001UJS9EE
- Size: 21.00 x 16.00 x 18.00
- Box Contents: turntable, H%-15 headshell, 45 adaptor, a felt slipmat, detachable RCA, ground cables, USB cable, and audacity recording software.
- It comes with a classic style, manual belt drive to hit you with nostalgia.
- It uses both classic and modern technology as it has included a USB port.
- The aluminum platter gives the required sturdiness and strength to the turntable.
- It also has an ABS Enclosure Base that makes it easier to carry and use.
- The adjustable rubber feet are heavy, but it gives the needed support.
- It comes with maximum aluminum tonearm supplies, superior tracking, and skip resistance.
- The soft-touch buttons and knobs will instantly catch your commands and respond.
- You will get plenty of things apart from the turntable with the box, including a 45-adaptor, ground cables, detachable RCA, felt slipmat, and more.
- It is an ideal product for fine-tuning mixing capabilities as it comes with variable pitch control, BPM lock, and master tempo control.
- The metal edges can make it difficult to try a larger disc plate. The disc plates may get hung on the edge and disrupt your experience.
- The lead-in wires of the tonearm may require regular tuning with screws as they easily loosen up.
Next up in the list of the best DJ turntables is this quality product from Rane. For the most satisfying and authentic DJ experience, you need to invest your money in this product.
It is a 12-inch black acrylic control disc that has a motorized platter that controls the four decks. Hence, the traditional turntable layout will be familiar to most professionals.
Irrespective of the DJ software, you will get multi-platform control with DVS/USB MIDI. It includes all the modern technologies, including the all-new OLED screen displays, BPM control, and control status. There is also an RCA output for controlling the DVS audio signals.
While DJing, it is important to have complete control of your turntable. Only then will you be able to make the most of it. Rane’s turntable clearly understands this desire, and they provide you with total control of your turntable.
For this, they’ve added a dual-mode touch strip and 8 hot cue triggers. You will get 33 1/3 and 45 RPM platter speed with an 8/16/50% pitch setting. With the precise dual-resolution slider, you can easily glide over the knobs.
The Rane 12-inch turntable is the perfect example of power meets precision. The impeccable performance of the 5.0 kfcm high-torque motor is simply amazing. You can even make a torque adjustment to make a more traditional DJ setting for yourself.
The MIDI interface has USB connectivity that can be connected to any computer (PC or Mac) or SEVENTY-TWO MKII. The best part of this turntable is that it gets you vinyl-like performance with the motorized platter.
- Item weight: 19.8 pounds
- Product dimensions: 16.25 x 14.55 x 5.25 inches
- ASIN: B08F6XK929
- Model number: TWELVEMKII
- Signal format: Digital
- Material: Vinyl
- The all-black acrylic look gives a stunning appearance to a traditional vinyl record.
- The precision is at its finest in this turntable. It comes with MKII four-deck controller, giving a modern spin to the DJ software.
- Rane promises its customers zero error with its turntable (no damaged or skipped needles or tonearm, just ultimate performance).
- You can customize the turntable with any traditional vinyl record to get a classic vibe.
- The solid steel construction of the product eliminates the latency response and gives precision control that every DJ and turntablist requires.
- The added benefit of digital performance will help you make your experience even more enriching.
- It comes with an OLED screen display where you can see and control all of the settings easily.
- The high torque motor can be adjusted to traditional setups as well.
- MIDI interface is established in the turntable with USB, connected to your computer or SEVENTY-TWO MKII.
- You will get total control of the DJ set with the mode touch strip and hot cue triggers.
- You can use any mainstream DJ software with the multi-platform control feature of the turntable.
- Rane has done a great job in making this turntable completely efficient. The only drawback is that it’s a bit pricey for just one unit.
If you are a beginner who is looking for a credible DJ turntable that can provide you with all the needed features, then DJTech will likely be the preferred choice for you.
This turntable comes with 5 DSP effects that you can use to enhance your mixing skills. The 5 DSP effects are filter, flanger, brake, echo, and scratch. All these effects are essential for a beginner.
There’s no doubt that DJTech’s turntable is ideal for solo gigs. The compact and lightweight build of the turntable makes it incredibly easy to carry and work on.
You will love this turntable for its exciting features. It comes with a multi-function jog wheel that you can change according to your preference. FX parameters, scratch, search, or pitch bend are the multi-functional jog wheels you will use on this turntable.
Pitch and tempo are essential for turntablists to make the most of their skills. There is a variable pitch fade feature that can adjust the pitch (+/- 6, 12, 25, 100%).
Looping is a must-have feature that every DJ and turntablist is looking for. With this DJTech product, you will get a seamless loop and re-loop programming that you can do in real-time.
You can loop, play, and scratch digital music files through the USB. Hence, you need not burn CDs into the system. Rather, you can load your playlists and play them directly with the USB port.
The DJTech will give you the best possible DJing experience and help you grow as a DJ in the music industry. With the database management system, you can easily and quickly find your tracks, albums, artists, and genres.
- Item weight: 3.75 pounds
- Product dimensions: 12 x 5 x 12 inches
- ASIN: B0052VYGS4
- Model number: USOLOMKII
- Signal format: Digital
- It is an ideal turntable for beginners because it has minimal functions without missing any necessities for a DJ or turntablist.
- It comes with 5 DSP effects, including filter, scratch, flanger, echo, and brake.
- A multi-functional jog wheel will make your DJing experience even more enriching. There are scratch, FX parameters, scratch, or pitch bend jog wheels.
- There is a seamless loop option, and re-loop can be easily programmed in real-time.
- You can connect the turntable with the USB so that you don’t have to burn CDs and directly play your music anytime, anywhere.
- The variable pitch fader is something worth the appreciation as it has pitch variability of +- 6, 12, 25, and 100%
- You will not be able to access all of the professional features of more advanced turntables. For that, you need to consider upgraded products.
Factors to Consider While Choosing a DJ Turntable
It is important to consider several important factors before buying a new DJ turntable so that you make the best decision. Selecting from a wide range of the best DJ turntables can be challenging, so keep these points in mind:
Buy Direct Drive
Belt drives are not always comfortable for every DJ. You cannot scratch conveniently on the belt drives. They are slightly spongy and hard to cue.
However, it is easier to practice on belt drives and then move to others. Belt drives may be cheap, but you must not fall for it. Instead, select a direct drive.
Go for Higher Torque
If you are going for a motorized turntable, then you focus on the motor power. The torque decides the power a motor can produce.
A higher torque product will be easier and quicker to start and will have more resistance. When you’re ready to make a purchase, be sure to ask for higher torque.
Choose a Credible Brand
There are many different brands in the audio entertainment industry. However, it’s important to research ahead of time and invest in high-quality, successful brands with decades of experience in the industry.
A good quality brand with a good reputation can make or break your experience as a DJ if you are a beginner. Luckily, the trusted brands are easy to find because they are the ones you’ll hear about the most.
The Weight Matters
Whether it is heavy or light, the weight of the turntable will always matter. Vibration has always been a major issue in DJing, and the weight of the turntable directly affects the vibrations.
Lighter turntables are more prone to affect the vibrations negatively. That’s why it is important to go for a heavy, well-built, and sturdy turntable that will provide you with a more consistent sound long-term.
All of these points should be kept in mind when purchasing a turntable. In addition to these important variables, be sure to examine the product and brand to evaluate its reliability and worth.
Ultimately, we recommend comparing the top 5 turntables listed here against these parameters to ascertain the best for you.
Final Thoughts on DJ Turntables
DJ turntables are the best device to start DJing with. Whether you are a beginner or a professional, it is important to purchase a DJ turntable that will be great to work with as you enhance your skills.
To help you make a well-informed decision, today, we’ve covered 4 different turntables according to their budget, features, and durability. We’ve also explored specifications, pros, and cons, and important factors to consider before purchasing.