Audio devices have become increasingly more sophisticated over the past few decades. That’s left many people struggling to keep up-to-date with recent developments, regardless of whether or not they’re new to music.
The majority of this is because so much can change so quickly that it often seems like breakneck speed.
Naturally, most people will be caught up with advances in larger pieces of equipment, like stereos and turntables.
However, that doesn’t mean that it’s also been the case with smaller products, such as cables. There are quite a few of these available, with one of the most common being RCA cables.
With the variety of brands and variations available, it can be hard to decide what the best RCA cables are.
Quick Pick: You can’t go wrong with the nylon-braidedGoalfish RCA Cable because of its combination of value, toughness, and performance! Check it out at Amazon.
Once you’ve gotten some key information and taken a look at some highly recommended products, you should be able to make up your mind about what the best ones for you are.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure for more details. Thank you!
The Best RCA Cables: 5 Top Contenders
Now that you know how essential an RCA cable can be to an audio setup, there’s a significant chance that you want the best. That’s going to be even truer if you’re a music professional, such as a DJ. However, you might be finding it a bit difficult to figure out which ones might be worth investing in.
Given the wealth of choices, it’s easy to see why that might be the case. There are a few options that are worthy of your attention, though.
1. Goalfish RCA Cable – Best Overall
- ⭐️Long-Lasting Performance Design: With a tested 3000+ bend lifespan, double-braided nylon audio cable adding to the durability, flexibility and tangle free, ideal for home-entertainment and high-fidelity (HiFi) systems
- ⭐️What You Get: 2-Pack 6ft 2 channel RCA audio cable (Male-Male)- with Lifetime Warranty and friendly customer service. ★★★★★Unconditional Lifetime Replacement if there is any dissatisfaction with our auxiliary cables, please contact us firstly.
Sound quality is going to mean a lot when you’re choosing between RCA cables. This option from Goalfish is made from materials that help optimize sound performance. That’s primarily through the 24K gold-plated full-metal connectors, which minimize signal loss, regardless of how long you’ve been using them. That also makes them reliable, as there doesn’t seem to be any drop in sound quality over time.
Another benefit of the material is that it’s naturally corrosion-resistant, so you shouldn’t have to worry about rusting. One of the largest issues with many cables is the cable itself; they tend to rip and tear, making them unusable. Thankfully, these Goalfish cables have been made from double-braided nylon, which is much more difficult to rip.
That should mean that they’re one of the more long-lasting RCA cables on offer. One of the last benefits here is the length, which should be more than enough to connect any devices, regardless of where in the room and how far apart they are.
That doesn’t mean there aren’t any negatives, though. In contrast, there’s one issue that could prove irritating; the cables could cause a buzz when they’re being used. While this can be relatively low in volume, it could prove quite annoying, especially if you’re close to what they’re plugged into.
This is relatively minor, though, so it might not be a dealbreaker for some buyers.
- Corrosion-resistant and features 24K gold-plated full-metal connectors.
- Materials are known to minimize signal loss while also providing a reliable sound quality.
- Longer than some other RCA cables, so they can be used in more areas.
- Double-braided nylon makes it durable and long-lasting.
- Can buzz when being used, which could prove irritating.
2. CableCreation 10FT 2RCA – Best Budget
- ►CableCreation Two Channel RCA Audio Cable: 2RCA cables for left/right audio signal transfer. Please note that you can splitte the cable completely if you needed.
- ►24K Gold Plated Connectors: 24k gold plated connectors which protect the cables from corrosion and solid RCA connectors.Not worry about the connectors loose issue.
- ►What You Get: 1-pack 10 Feet 2RCA Male to 2RCA Audio Adapter Cable and worry-free 2-year warranty.
If you’re worried about RCA cables’ price, you may end up thinking that you should get cheaper ones. While this can be a decent option, it may not be the best one. Instead, you should go for budget cables that still offer a lot of advantages. That’s where these CableCreations come into play, as they’re affordable and have quite a few benefits.
Being dual-shielded, they help prevent signal loss while keeping the audio clear. This is enhanced by the soft PVC jacket, which also has the benefit of avoiding the cables being overly stiff. As a result, you should be able to move them around objects, such as desks or other obstacles, with ease.
Alongside this is the high-purity, oxygen-free copper that the cables are made from. These can be effective at maximizing signal quality, which is great for maintaining an impressive sound. While you might think that copper is likely to rust relatively quickly, that wouldn’t be the case here.
Instead, the RCA connectors are made with gold plating, which should also help maintain a certain sound quality. Despite the budget price, these cables are quite long. With their 10-foot length, you should be able to connect any device, regardless of how far apart in a room they may be.
However, these can be quite difficult to plug in and out. That’s because they’re slightly thicker than some other cables and will have a certain amount of resistance when being plugged in. If you happen to worry about breaking cables or any devices, these mightn’t be the best choice, especially if you’ll be taking them out and using other devices a lot.
- It has a soft PVC jacket and is dual-shielded, which helps keep audio clear with minimal signal loss.
- Made with oxygen-free, high-purity copper, which maximizes signal quality.
- Much longer than many of its competitors.
- It uses solid RCA connectors made with gold plating to protect from rusting.
- It can be quite tight when plugging or unplugging.
3. Wawpi 3.55mm Male to 2RCA – Best Runner-Up
- ✔【Excellent Sound Quality】: Built with 24K gold-plated connectors with double shieldings and oxygen copper wire core making it less susceptible to outside interference, which provide noise-free and ultra-clear sound quality.
- 💌 【What You Get】WAWPI 3.5mm to 2RCA Cable 6feet/1.8m. Five year warranty from wawpi and 7*24 Friendly customer service.
Wawpi has made a name for himself as a high-quality creator of RCA cables. With each product, it’s looked to continue to outdo itself. These cables are proof of that, as they’ve got a few considerable benefits. Prominent is the sound quality that they offer, which is noise-free and crystal clear, a quality that’s driven by the oxygen copper wire and double-shielding.
Secondly are the cables’ durability, as it’s made with a Y-lock and double-braided nylon. That should mean that you’ll get a long time of use out of them, as they should be difficult to break and can put up with a lot of wear and tear. The Y-lock will also help to reduce any wear and tear while keeping the cables neatly arranged.
Then there’s the ease of use, as the grips have been designed to make the cables as easy to plug in and out as possible. However, where these cables really stand out, they can work with a wider range of audio devices than many of its competitors. That could be a positive sign if you’ve got many different devices that you use relatively regularly.
However, there is also a negative attached to this. While the cables will work great with most subwoofers, they can also give intermittent feedback with some devices. There doesn’t seem to be any specific reason behind this, and the feedback can come at almost any time.
While the feedback mightn’t be continually distracting, it can often cause a bit of a fright, alongside annoyance.
- It uses double-shielding and oxygen copper wire to offer a clear and noise-free sound.
- Use easy grips, so they’re easier to plug in and out while also providing reliability.
- Can work with a broad range of devices.
- It uses a double-braided nylon exterior and a Y-lock to make it as durable as possible.
- Can give intermittent feedback with some devices.
4. YCH HDMI to RCA Cable – Best Under $10
- ★Plug and play, no need to install drivers, ideal cable for high-definition DVD players, HDTV receivers, TV sets, projectors, A/V receivers, and other HDMI-equipped devices.
- ★This is a HDMI to RCA one-way transmission cable, RCA to HDMI cannot be used, which means the display device (TV or monitor) is the RCA end
- ★Kindly NOTE: This cable is not compatible with PC / LAPTOP / PS4/ PS3/ XBOX / DVD / ROKU; before purchasing, please make sure both devices have signal coding and decoding function; for more details, please refer to the user manual of your device.
Price can often be one of the larger factors that many people will consider when buying cables. While it shouldn’t be the first consideration, it can be if you’re working on a tight budget. However, finding affordable RCA cables that work properly can often be difficult. Thankfully, that’s where these YCH HDMI to RCA cables shine, as they’re one of the more low-cost options available.
Outside of the price, though, there are several benefits. For example, the connectors are gold plated, so they should provide a clear and stable signal on your device. You shouldn’t have to worry about anything cutting out when it’s being used. Alongside this is that it supports a wide range of video transmissions, including 1080p.
If you’re buying them specifically for a video screen, then that could be an appealing factor. Next up is the cable’s length, which should be more than enough to connect your devices. That can often be an issue with many more affordable options, but thankfully isn’t the case here.
Lastly is that it’s much easier to use than its competitors, as there are only four connections total, so there shouldn’t be any confusion about what needs to be plugged where. However, there can be some negative traits to the cables, as is the case with many of a similar price.
The most notable of these is that it’s very limited in what devices can be used with these. Naturally, that means that you could end up wasting your money if you don’t double-check if it works with yours first. These are mainly limited to video game consoles and similar devices. It also only offers one-way transmission, which could be a negative aspect for many buyers.
- Gold plated connectors reliably provide a stable and clear signal.
- Supports a broad range of audio and visual transmissions.
- Decent length, so you should have cable leftover once connected.
- Much easier than many of its competitors to plug in and out.
- It can’t work with a decent number of devices.
- It only offers one-way transmission.
5. EMK 90 Degree Right Angle RCA to RCA Audio Cable – Best Alternative
- 【Widely Compatibility】EMK RCA Cable for connecting subwoofer speaker to a stereo receiver, sound system, or other compatible audio device,Ideal for connecting a TV, CD player, DVD player, or other RCA-enabled device to the audio ports of a subwoofer or amplifier.
- 【Incredible Durability】With a 10,000+ bend lifespan several times longer than original audio cables， a high-quality nylon jacket contributes to the strain-relief construction that not only provides flexibility but also protects the cable from kinks.
- 【Warranty & Support】Our provides a 18-Month warranty for digital subwoofer cable and a 30-day money-back guarantee;Please feel free to contact our customer service team for any problem.
Quite a large number of RCA cables mightn’t be the most suitable for wall-mounted devices. That’s primarily because there mightn’t be enough space at the back for them. With these EMK cables, though, you shouldn’t have to worry about that, as they use a 90-degree connector to plug in at a right angle.
However, that isn’t the only benefit to these. With its double-braided nylon, they should put up with a considerable amount of wear and tear and last you significantly longer than other cables. That should negate the need to replace them anytime soon. It’s also compatible with the vast majority of devices, which is definitely an attractive quality.
There’s also quite a high-quality sound with these, driven chiefly by the polished metal molding and 24K gold-plated connectors. These should minimize any signal loss while helping to optimize the overall sound quality. That should make things a good listen, regardless of what’s playing.
However, there’s also the fact that these can be a bit looser than other cables. That could mean that they can come out of the plug when they’re being used. Despite not being a major negative, it’s something that could become increasingly more annoying with time. Outside of this, however, the cables are worth the investment.
- It uses a 90-degree angle, so it is more appropriate for any wall-mounted devices.
- Compatible for the vast majority of devices.
- Its lifespan is much longer than other cables, thanks to its double-braided nylon.
- 24K gold-plated connectors and polished metal molding ensure optimal performance and minimal signal loss.
- The cables can be looser than others and may pop out.
What To Know When Picking RCA Cables
Picking the top RCA cables for you could seem like it would be either relatively easy or quite confusing. Some people could assume that it’s easy and subsequently buy cables that don’t fit their needs. On the flip side, other people wouldn’t know how to choose. Thankfully, there are a few things that can help you differentiate between different options.
By doing so, you should be able to come to a decision much faster than you thought you would. You should also ensure that you’re getting the right one for you on the first try. After all, nobody wants to have to keep replacing cables they don’t like.
Types Of RCA
Many people mightn’t realize that there are two main types of RCA cables, both with their benefits. Perhaps the more common of these is a component RCA, which has the typical red, green, and blue plugs that people will be familiar with. It also comes with a few other plugs and offers a high-quality sound on devices.
Then, the composite video RCA has red, white, and black plugs for audio signals. While this can be a decent choice if you’re using a mix of audio and video, it doesn’t compare to the component RCA’s overall audio capabilities. As such, it’s recommended that you choose the component if you’re looking for pure audio.
Factors That Affect An RCA Cable
You mightn’t have known that there can be multiple factors that affect an RCA cable’s quality. That’s the case for both its audio/visual output and how well you can use it. Naturally, you might have different needs for the cable, but you’ll need to look at the following:
- Length: This is one of the more obvious factors to consider, although it’s one of the more important. Naturally, this will depend significantly on where you’re planning on using the cable. For instance, you might need quite a long RCA cable for a DJ set. If you’re using it at home and connecting it to something in the same room, then it mightn’t need to be too long.
- Cable Material: As with any other electronics, the materials used in construction are integral. Typically, you’ll be choosing between silver, copper, or gold, although there could be other options available. However, it’s worth noting that the gold cables can be significantly more expensive and might have more disadvantages than advantages. Other than price, there’s also little difference between silver and copper, so it’s recommended that you opt for one of these options, depending on your price range. Nickel, zinc, and tin are other relatively common options.
- Shielding: Many people don’t know the differences between shielded and unshielded cables. However, it can have a large impact on performance. Generally speaking, it’s best to go with shielded cables. Not only do these tend to give better signals, but they also tend to be much more secure. However, they can be more expensive than unshielded cables.
Though you’ll have different preferences for each of the above, you’ll still need to give each some consideration. That being said, it’s worth noting that some options are more favored than others, especially if you’re planning on using the cables for anything professional.
These can often add a little bit to the price and add up relatively quickly. However, this shouldn’t be too off-putting as it usually means that they’re much more high-quality. They should also last you longer, so you wouldn’t have to replace them as much as you might with cheaper options.
As the old saying goes, buy cheap, buy twice. It’s also worth noting that some RCA cables will work better with specific devices. That’s because many cables are designed primarily to be used with particular products, such as subwoofers. Depending on what device you have, you might want to choose one that’s designed for it.
That doesn’t mean that they’ll be bad on other devices, however. In contrast, it means that they’ll provide a higher quality sound on one specifically. Naturally, plenty of cables are designed to sound as great as possible on any device, without sounding better for certain ones.
These can still be worth considering, especially if you’ll be using the cables across multiple devices over time.
What Are RCA Cables?
Not many people might know what an RCA cable actually is. While they might know what it is in practice, they may not know what it would be if they saw one. However, this is quite easy to explain. RCA stands for Radio Corporation of America, with the cables being used to transmit data from one device to another.
Typically, this data will be audio and visual in nature. As such, they’re usually used for connecting stereos, turntables, camcorders, and other devices. This makes them essential to DJs and other music professionals who play in front of a live audience. However, it’s worth noting that they’re different from an HDMI cable.
Without getting too technical, RCAs can be used – and work well – on both standard and high-definition devices. HDMIs, on the other hand, are mainly limited to high-definition devices, which is why you typically see them with the likes of video game consoles.
Naturally, there’s quite a lot to consider when choosing between the best RCA cables. Know only does that help to complicate things, but there are also your personal preferences. Naturally, this could make things quite confusing, and you mightn’t know which one to choose or why it might be better.
However, the stand out among the others is the Goalfish 2-Male to 2-Male RCA Audio Stereo Subwoofer Cable. The sound quality of these surpasses most of its competitors, and it doesn’t lag in any other area. Add in the fact that they’re built to last, and you’ll have a high-quality RCA cable that’ll last you a considerable amount of time.
There’s also a selection of sizes available, so you should be able to choose one that fits your needs. That being said, this could be a more expensive option than others, especially for each foot of cable. This could be off-putting to anybody buying on a budget. If you’re looking to keep costs low, you might be inclined to choose the cheapest option available.
While that could work for you, the CableCreation 10FT 2RCA comes better recommended. Though it isn’t the cheapest, it is an affordable RCA cable that offers quite a few important benefits. That’s especially true with the sound quality that this offers. While you’ll find products with a better sound, few costs as little as this, making it one of the better low-cost RCA cables on offer.
Regardless of which one you choose, all of the above are high-quality options backed by multiple advantages. Picking the right one for you will depend on your needs, but you couldn’t go wrong with any of the above.