Many people pay all of their attention to buying a record player and forget that they need a place to put it.
The stand you place your record player on is important, as it can either make the player stand out or make it fall flat.
The right stand can protect your equipment and give it some extra style, but which one should you choose? My favorite is the Victrola Wooden Stand because it comes with a record holder! Check it out at Amazon.
There are plenty of options on the market, and we’re here to help you choose the best record player stand out there.
The 5 Best Record Player Stands on the Market
In this buying guide, we’ll cover five of the best record player stands available. All of the options have different specifications that will suit a wide variety of people. Let’s take a look:
1. Furrino 4-Tier Rack
- Simple stylish design: unique open shelf design suitable for any room that needs additional storage spaces
- Quality material: Manufactured from high quality durable composite wood and plastic tubes.
- No tools needed for assembly.
This rack by Furinno is made of a mix of wood and PVC. The material consists of premium composite wood and plastic tubes.
This stand is simple yet stylish with its open-shelf design that can fit in any room. It’s optimized for safety as it has round corners that reduce injury risks.
Each shelf can hold up to 20 pounds and is both water and scratch-resistant. The display rack is multipurpose and can be used for several purposes in the house.
- Product Dimensions: 11.6 x 23.6 x 43.25 inches
- Product Weight: 14.5 pounds
- Multipurpose and can be used anywhere in the house
- Made of a mix of wood and PVC that makes it lightweight and functional
- Stylish featuring open shelves
- Safety is a top priority due to its round corners
- Water and scratch-resistant
- Easy to assemble
- Some users found the rack to be weak
- Able to hold up to 15 pounds
2. Victrola Wooden Stand with Record Holder
- Real wood construction
- Conveniently stores over 50 vinyl records
- Easy assembly; no tools required
The rack by Victrola is specifically designed to hold musical pieces. It is constructed with real wood that is easy to assemble with no additional tools.
It can comfortably store over 50 vinyl records. Victrola is well-known for vintage audio products over the years, and this stand does not disappoint.
- Product Dimensions: 20.75 x 27 x 13.75 inches
- Product Weight: 12.8 pounds
- Constructed of real wood
- Easy to assemble
- Able to comfortably store over 50 vinyl records
- Features a beautiful and classy finish
- Some users complained that the legs are not sturdy, and the longevity of the rack did not last long
3. Furinno 3-Tier Display Rack
- Material: Engineered particle board and PVC Tubes.
- Sturdy on flat surface. Easy no hassle no tools 5-minutes assembly even a kid can accomplish.
- Holds up to 25 lbs. per shelf.
This is a 3-tier rack that can be used for record players. Although the rack is made of wood, it is also constructed of engineered particle wood and PVC tubes. The engineered particle board is made of recycled rubber and PVC tubes.
The budget-friendly rack can fit in any space well and comfortably fit on a flat surface. It is easy to assemble and does not require additional tools. Each shelf can hold up to 25 pounds.
- Product Dimensions: 23.6 x 9.5 x 29.7 inches
- Product Weight: 11 pounds
- Compact and can fit well into a small space.
- Easy to assemble and does not need additional tools
- Made of lightweight, engineered wood and PVC
- Does not have emit chemical smells
- Some users found the rack to be unstable
4. Winsome Espresso Shelving
- Two Section Storage Shelf, Espresso Finish
- Two Small Foldable Corn Husk Baskets, Chocolate Finish
This is a beautiful and classy rack. It is characterized by two shelves that can store a record player. It has ample space that allows the option to add more shelves if necessary.
The rack has a combination of solid and composite wood with an espresso finish.
- Product Dimensions: 11.25 x 13.5 x 29.25 inches
- Product Weight: 12 Pounds
- Made of solid and composite wood
- It emits a classy vibe.
- Shelves are big enough that allows the option to add more shelves if necessary
- Easy to assemble
- Some users complained of the cheap quality
5. Vasagle 2-Tier Industrial End Table
- SOMETHING CERTAIN: Some furniture looks good, but isn’t very practical. Others are functional but look cold and boring. Not so much for this side table with warm rustic tones and a stable grid shelf, you get the best of both worlds
- A FEW EXTRAS: It’s about time you got something extra; we include an Alley key, an accessory kit, and illustrated instructions for the install process so that you can have this table set up without any hassle
This is a 2-tier side table coupled with a storage shelf that can be used for the record player. The accent piece features a modern and urban look composed of a mixture of wood and metal.
The rack can be used in different settings, such as in the living room or the bedroom. It is easy to assemble and can be set up in no time. The table comes with an accessory kit that makes the installation process a breeze.
- Product Dimensions: 17.7 x 21.6 x 17.7 inches
- Product Weight: 6 kilograms
- Sturdy and stable, thanks to the metal frame
- Stylish and can complement any space.
- Easy to assemble
- It comes with an accessory kit that makes the installation process easy.
- Comes with two holes that may be improper for some people
- Some users found damage on the end table before assembly
Buyer’s Guide for Record Player Stands
Getting the right record player stand is important. If you’re trying to settle on one stand but are still confused about which one to choose, this section is for you. We focus on the different details that set each option apart.
Here’s a quick guide:
When we compare sizes, the Furrino Turn-N-Tube 4-Tier Multipurpose Shelf Display Rack is the biggest stand because it has four tiers.
The Vasagle Industrial End Table has a steel metal frame that makes it the sturdiest stand compared to the other options.
Wooden Stand with Record Holder
Getting a stand with a record holder is not mandatory, but it is very convenient. In this case, the Victrola Wooden Stand comes with a record holder that can hold up to 50 vinyl records.
Most Affordable Stand
When we compare all of the given options, the most affordable option is the Furinno 3-Tier Display Rack that costs $25.89. Of course, cheaper stands do not necessarily have to mean inferior quality.
From the five options, our best judgment is the Victrola Wooden Stand with Record Holder Shelf, as it is made with a record player in mind. It has a record holder that can be used to store many vinyl records.
How to Choose the Best Record Player Stand
When you are choosing a player stand, there are many factors to keep in mind, including:
Some stands can double up as storage for your vinyl. A record player stand with built-in storage provides ample space for a record collection without cluttering the space. Vinyl records are very delicate and can get destroyed easily if it is not stored well.
Although storage is important, it is also good to keep in mind that overexposure to ultraviolet light can negatively impact your vinyl. So, when choosing built-in storage, you should bear that in mind.
The kind of space you have in your home will determine which stand is best for you. The stands come in different sizes; hence there is always an option that suits your interests. The best option should not be too big or small.
Style of your home
You can choose a stand that matches the style of your home. For example, if you are into retro, you can easily find stands with retro styles. There are different stands with various styles, including mid-century, modern, industrial, and more.
You can also decide to make the record player table to be a design centerpiece for your home. That means that you will have to go for something that stands out based on your tastes and preferences.
People have different needs. For example, some want space to store their vinyl records, whereas others want to show off their collection. It would help if you analyzed your needs so that you choose accordingly.
Compatibility with the turntable
The stand should be compatible with the turntable with regard to size to ensure it won’t get in the way of the turntable.
The materials used to make a stand will determine how stable it will be and how long it will last. For example, if the legs are made of metal, it is sturdier and lasts longer. The thickness and quality of the materials affect the durability and functionality of the stand.
Although you are looking for a record player table for the record player’s primary function, it would be nice if it is versatile and can serve other functions.
Many factors will determine the price of a record player table, such as the design, material used, and more. The best part is that there is something for everyone’s budget. Identify which stand has the features you’d like to get the bang for your buck.
The reviews of the product are an easy way to gauge what to expect with the product. These will help you know other customer’s experiences with the product, and that can shape your purchasing decision.
FAQs on Record Player Stands
Do you need a record player stand?
Yes, you do! There is a misconception that you do not need one, but you need to keep the record player off the floor. If you do not feel like you need a stand, you can use a shelf, a rack, or the table you already have.
The convenience of having a specific record player stand allows you to store and operate the player without having to move it after you are done. You can also safely store your vinyl records too.
If you are not convinced that you need a record player stand, a good alternative would be to mount a shelf on the wall to hold the record player.
Can one use an ordinary table?
Yes, you can. An ordinary table is inconvenient, though, because you may need to move the record player around when it’s not in use.
Is there a specific material that’s better for storing vinyl?
Nope, there is no preferential material. You can use wood, metal, plastic or whatever you please. It is based on your personal tastes and preferences. Regardless of the material you choose, steer clear of rough surfaces, as they will scratch the vinyl and make it dysfunctional.
Is it safe to put two record players on one stand?
It depends on the design and size of the stand. Some shelves have weight limits, and you’ll run into the risk of breaking them if you exceed them. Suppose it’s big, strong, and sturdy; why not!
Are vinyl collections safe on a stand?
That depends on the design and type of stand. It’s recommended to store your vinyl collection somewhere where it will not be exposed to direct UV light, as it can break the records down. If you can, look for a stand with a special place or shelf for the vinyl collection.
There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to choosing the best record player stand. Just make sure you know what your needs are. The record player’s size and the size of the stand you plan to buy are two crucial factors to keep in mind.
Doing some research and comparing different options should be mandatory before committing to a stand, and it can only help you out in the long run.
The great thing is, you don’t have to spend an arm and a leg to find the best record player stand out there. The five options in this guide certainly prove that.