Given the amount of cash you’ve spent on a turntable, finding the best dust cover for your turntable is a no-brainer when it comes to protecting your investment.
A quality dust cover will reduce dust from building up on the surface and inside the turntable.
At the end of the day, you’ll only have to wipe off the dust cover instead of the complex parts of the turntable.
Quick Tip: Dust covers will vary in size depending on your turntable, so make sure the cover in designed to fit your model.
This detailed buying guide will discuss the top five dust covers that you can shop for. These are all quality products that come at affordable rates.
Without further ado, let’s take a look at our top picks this year.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure for more details. Thank you!
This dust cover will protect the turntable against water, dust, spill, and other contaminants. The size of the cover corresponds to your turntable model. So if your model number is on the list, the cover will fit.
The dust cover is pretty long-lasting because of its 600D nylon and PVC lining construction in terms of durability. The use of nylon instead of cotton makes sure that dust doesn’t reach the equipment.
Nylon is even better than vinyl, which gets discolored easily.
The cover is as easy to use, store, and clean. You can fold and keep it in a safe place while using the turntable.
- The cover fits the turntables perfectly and is easy to maintain and clean
- The use of 600D nylon and PVC lining ensure complete dust protection
- A water-resistant cover that protects the turntable from spills, dirt, and scratches
- It does not get discolored, dry out, or melt when exposed to light and heat
- The roughness of the inner surface might leave an impression on the plastic
- The material of the cover has a strong smell that takes some time to go
This premium dust cover would guard against dust and moisture to keep out all debris from your turntable.
Not only would it improve the appearance of your equipment, but it also mitigates the chances of overheating. Keeping your system cooled down improves the performance and extends the lifespan of the turntable.
Overheating is the direct result of dirt accumulation, which gradually damages the turntables. The dust cover will keep water spills and pet dander away from the equipment and protect it from fuzz and lint.
The cover comes with serged seams and heavy-duty thread. This makes sure your cover does not tear like covers with single stitched or bonded seams.
The brand further takes care of the fit by adding a double hem around the bottom.
- The cover fits perfectly on the turntable like it’s customized for it
- Sturdy construction is ensured through serged seams and high-quality thread
- The use of nylon and PVC lining to completely block dust from entering
- The seams do not fray at the corners or come apart like bonded seams
- Double hem right around the bottom to further accentuate the fit
- The unwarranted smell of nylon stays for days around the cover
- The double hem came undone after a few months in some of the products
The softness of the cover has nothing to do with its durability. The thick anti-static, 600D nylon cover from the brand also has high-end PVC lining.
The cover offers protection against light, water, air, heat, dust, and floating pet dander.
Cleaning the dust cover is pretty simple. You will only have to take a soft, damp cloth and wipe down the surface.
In addition to that, you can fold up the cover for quick and easy storage.
So the product is perfect when you are playing sets on the road or in booths with minimal space.
The material is sturdy enough to protect the turntable from unwanted dust particles. It is still breathable to make sure that there is no overheating underneath.
- Easy to clean and maintain the dust cover on a long-term basis
- Thick anti-static, 600D nylon cover with high-end PVC lining
- Material is sturdy enough to protect the turntable from unwanted dust particles
- It is still breathable to make sure that there is no overheating underneath
- The cover might feel a bit too stiff during the initial days
- It might stick to the plastic cover and leave marks on your equipment
Temlock made this dust cover to protect your equipment from liquid, smoke, vibration, and dust. It will fit the Audio-Technica Turntable AT-LP120 like a glove.
This cover is not only lightweight but also durable and easy to use.
You can fold and store away the cover when you are using the equipment.
The high-quality fabric used to make the product keeps the covers free from any undue smell.
Because small children and pets like chewing on random things, Temlock made this dust cover non-toxic and safe. You can rest assured that no harm will come to your loved ones if they decide to snack on the dust cover. Although it’s waterproof, the cover isn’t frustration-proof. So it’ll probably be a good idea to store your cover away from pets to avoid high blood pressure.
- Effectively protects the turntable from liquids, smoke, vibrations, pet fur, and dust.
- Fit that Audio-Technica Turntable AT-LP120 of yours like a glove and keeps it safe
- The dust cover is lightweight, durable, and easy to use
- It is one of the most affordable products on the list that comes with all the qualities
- The roughness of the inner surface might leave an impression on the plastic
- The cover might fray at the corner if not handled with care
The final product on our list is a winner in more ways than one. The cover from Tiaqum is functional and easy on the eyes. If you’re a person that values practicality and art, this cover is for you.
The heavy-duty polyester fabric is long-lasting and durable. It will protect your turntable from water, scratches, spills, dust, and other contaminants.
The product will protect your equipment from moisture and pet dander. Your record players will remain dry and fur-free for as long as you use them.
You will be thankful for all the cleaning time it saves you.
The design is portable. You can open the bottom part of the cover and slip it over the record player or turntable.
- The heavy-duty polyester fabric is long-lasting and durable
- The equipment stays protected from moisture, spills, scratches, dust, and pet dander
- Portable design to open the bottom of the cover and slip it over the record player
- Foldable cover that is easy to store when not in use
- Easy to clean and maintain in the long run
- It needs to have a sturdy closure for the bottom part
- It might not fit all record players and even some turntables
All of these dust covers are great choices if you want an affordable, quality product.
If you are still unsure about which of these five covers to go for, you can check out the categories below:
The best product overall: If you want to buy a dust cover that is super durable and flexible, go for Digital Deck Covers Store’s Technica. It covers most of the popular turntables used in the market. The alternative for this is Tiaqun Turntable Dust Cover.
The best budget: When the aim is to buy something that offers absolute value for money, you can go for Vintage Technics dust cover. It provides adequate protection at less than the price of Technica.
The runner-up: The trophy for the best runner-up goes to Technics Turntable Dust Cover. It might not tick one or two boxes but has enough sturdiness and functionality to offer value for money.
The best buy under $27: Speaking of value for money, another product on the list is Temlock Dust Cover for Audio-Technica-compatible. This one is one of the best covers in the market for under twenty-seven dollars.
And that’s it!
You now have a clear idea about the best dust covers in the market that will protect your turntables and record players.
So which will you buy?
Whatever you choose, remember to make sure the cover fits your turntable model before you purchase.